After admitting in front of the global press that he won’t expect Conor McGregor to fight at UFC 200, President of the UFC, Dana White, has expressed his desire to keep Nate Diaz on board.
Dana White, along with the whole of the UFC, has come under increased scrutiny following a Conor McGregor tweet last week where the Irishman reprimanded the Governing body of the UFC over the promotional work that he’s been doing for them over the last few years.
UFC didn’t stay silent as they removed the Irish fighter from their card for the upcoming UFC 200 event.
However, after that decision, the Governing body alongside Dana White has come under increased scrutiny for their decision.
Dana White is now adamant that he would like to see Nate Diaz to stay on the card.
Diaz was due to fight Conor McGregor at UFC 200, however, now that the latter is no longer available, Diaz’ inclusion in the UFC 200 Event has also been thrown into the turmoil.
Here is what Dana White had to say regarding this incident:
“Obviously, I would like to keep Nate (on the card). Nate stands to make a lot of money on 200, I’d like to keep him on 200 but that’s up to him,” White said on Monday.
In addition to the decision of UFC to remove McGregor from the card, the latest statements that have come out from the camp of Nate Diaz haven’t been too encouraging for the UFC faithful either.
After listening to the news that McGregor won’t be available to fight him in the competition, Diaz indicated on social media on Monday that he is going on a vacation.
When pressed on the issue, Dana White responded further:
“He’s not mad. He’s actually pretty cool about it,” White said about Diaz. “This is a fight that Conor was really obsessed with and Conor really wanted this fight and Nate was like ‘whatever’. We’ll give him a list of other guys and if he wants it, he can have it.”