mcgregor2

Dana White Renounces Conor McGregor’s Statement about UFC 200

In what is bad news for UFC fans the world over, the President of the Championship Dana White has renounced the statement of Conor McGregor in which the Irishman claimed he was back on the card for the upcoming UFC 200 event.

The event is set to take place on 9 July at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.

It was announced by UFC earlier this year that the welterweight title rematch would take place between the Nate Diaz and the reigning UFC Featherweight Champion McGregor.

However, as soon as UFC was criticised by McGregor in his tweet on April 9, in addition to the ‘McGregor retirement saga’, Dana White announced on several media outlets that the Irishman has been pulled from the event.

On McGregor’s part, he states that the UFC is asking too much from a publicity perspective – which has created a huge talking point in the sport this week.

This all changed on 25th April when McGregor announced that he is set to make his comeback in UFC 200.

In addition to announcing his comeback, the Irish fighter also thanked Dana White for his supposed contribution to his decision.

However, according to Dana White, the claims made by McGregor aren’t true. (The circus continues!).

Not only is Dana White refusing to validate McGregor’s claims, White also said that he is yet to talk to the Irish fighter after his tweets.

“We haven’t talked [to] Conor or his manager since the press conference. I don’t know why he would tweet that,” White said.

White also maintained his stance that the fight is off and UFC will give Nate Diaz a list of opponents to choose from in case he wants to fight on July the 9th.

“I feel like the scene in ‘Step Brothers’ when they ask if they can build the bunk beds. I don’t know how many more times I can say the fight is off or how many more press conferences I can have saying the fight is off for people to believe it’s off.”

So while these claims by White has cleared the uncertainty that was lingering on for some time, the UFC faithful won’t be too happy regarding the decision of Dana White to pull Conor McGregor off from the UFC 200.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *