If you’re a fan of Jon Jones – or even slightly follow his career – the world is never dull for you.
The fighter was jailed last week after flirting with the law yet again, after which he was released with some restrictions imposed on his probation period.
However, if you feel that the aforementioned drama is enough for one week, you probably don’t know the 28-year-old American all that well.
After being released from jail, the UFC immediately served Jones with a notice which allowed him to swap his opponent for the upcoming main event after the withdrawal of Daniel Cormier due to an injury.
As a result of that short term notice, Jones has now decided to fight Ovince Saint in the upcoming UFC 197 event which will take place on April 23.
According to the 28-year-old, the representatives of UFC first informed him that he is going to fight with Anthony Johnson in the upcoming event.
However, when Jones called a day later to declare his agreement, Lorenzo Fertitta told him that Johnson is no longer willing to fight him.
Thus, according to Jones himself, he decided to fight Ovince Saint Preux as he wants nothing but to set things right for UFC.
Originally, the UFC called me and asked about Anthony Johnson,” Jones explained Monday on The MMA Hour. “They said that he had already accepted the fight, and they asked me if I was going to accept the fight. I told them I needed a meeting with my coaches.
“The next morning I called the UFC said let’s do this thing. They said that Anthony’s camp changed their mind, I guess since he had some dental work he needed to do.”
“I just told Lorenzo (Fertitta), whoever you need me to fight, I want to make things right for UFC 151. I want to do something for my fans, something positive”.
Thus, if his latest comments are claimed to be true, Jones will be in action for the first time in the last 15-months.
Jones being out of the ring hasn’t stopped the bookmakers from installing him as an eight-to-one favorite against Saint Preux however.